Monday, August 11, 2008

Vacation 2008 - July 23

No, I didn't forget about vacation, I just got caught up in Breaking Dawn. But I'm finished, and the week has begun (weekends are never normal around here), so I can continue.

Entering one of the caves at Bandon



On Wednesday we went to Face Rock in Bandon, did some more shopping in Bandon, and headed down to Shore Acres, a botanical garden right on the coast. This year we went late enough in the season that the rose garden was in bloom, which it wasn't last year, so that was kind of cool. This was also the day Joey finally touched the sand and the ocean. I was beginning to worry at this point that it wouldn't happen because it was always so cold at the coast, but at the little beach you can hike down to from Shore Acres its in a little cove of sorts, so the wind was blocked, it was warm, sunny, and the sand was unique. It was fine pieces of seashells, which doesn't sound comfortable, but it was actually very soft and lots easier to clean off of feet. :)





Sorry we didn't catch her reaction, I was afraid of her getting soaked.

A gorgeous shot Dad took of the Japanese Cranes of the pond at Shore Acres.





I was playing race car with Joey,

I'm not sure what Kaela's excuse is....
















Family Photos















Annie and kids playing in the fountain







Pretty flowers!
















Of all the many bridges I've crossed on my several trips to Oregon this is the first time I remember having to wait at one of the drawbridges. I had to quickly delete some crappy pictures I had taken earlier in the day to make room for these on the memory card.









A beautiful sunset to end a very good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what i was doing either...
Love aunt kaela!