Sunday, July 8, 2012

Water Fun Round 2

Last night we had a BBQ/water party with Josh's family and it was fantastic! The chicken was great, the homemade icecream/frozen yogurt were great, the company, we had a blast! It was so relaxing to just sit and watch the kids play.

You may remember from a previous post, the twins didn't love the sprinklers as much as we thought they would. Kiddie pool....big hit!! At first they just sat next to it and splashed a bit. We were finally "mean parents" and made them sit in it. No complaining. Lots of splashing. They sat in there forever.

If you look at the treehouse/swingset, on the left side you can see there's a green wavy slide. We saw Tristan walking around over there, next thing we know he pops up in the tree house! He climbed the slide! And tried several times after. That kid is exhausting.

We took a picture of all the grand kids playing sardines to show Uncle Sam, who graduates from Basic Training later this week!

Kaiden used the sprinkler as a crown.

We also watched the kids use the trebuchet to launch water balloons, but I didn't get any pictures! Fun night!!

Mommy notes: I love our sunscreen. My kids are pasty white, spent all that time in the water without re-applying, and barely, if at all, are showing minimal signs of pink. It smells good, too! Less of the sunscreen smell than you typically find. We are pretty much out, and I can't find it anywhere. :( Not even sure they make it anymore, it doesn't seem to have caught on, sadly (I bought mine last year). I need to go the the awful store that is Walmart and check there because that's where I got it before, but I'm not liking my chances.

No comments: