Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House

Yesterday we got the kids up early (well, got Joey up early... The boys do it on their own) and we took them to the Brigham City Temple Open House.
Joey thought the bus ride from the parking lot to the temple was cool, and Josh said Tristan was glued to the window. We're riding the Heber Creeper in a month and I think there gonna LOVE IT! But I digress...

Joey was really good about being reverent and whispering. I gave her a sentence or two of explanation in a few of the first rooms, and when I didn't in the chapel she asked me what it was. It made me so happy that she was so anxious to learn about it. I'm hoping she was feeling the spirit. I had Nick and Joey with me, and Josh had Tristan. We carried the boys on the stairs, but other than that they mostly held our hands up until the end. And I was dragging Joey upstairs behind me, and I was wearing wedges. I got my workout! :) Tristan got a little bored at the very end and started cheerfully testing acoustics in the halls, but other than that I was very pleased with their behavior. When Nick saw the cookies in the reception area I couldn't get it to him fast enough. We meant for the boys to split one, but by the time we found a place to sit he was already going to town and Tristan was stealing Josh's so Josh had to go hunt down another one for himself. :) Once we were done with our cookies we went outside to check out the grounds and take a few pictures. The sun was in the kids' eyes, so that's why they aren't the greatest.
Joey keeps talking about the next time kids go in the temple what she's going to do, wear, etc. I had to tell her the next time she's at a temple will probably be Aunt Kaela's wedding. Better hurry Kaela, she's ready to go back! ;)

3 comments:

katelinklug said...

It looks so pretty there. There needs to be another temple opening in Oregon so we can go to an open house :)

Mikaela said...

Hahahaha...be patient. It'll happen soon enough!

Annie said...

Don't you love it! We drive by it every time we go to Logan and I just love the way it looks. :)