Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Much randomness

Ok, so I finally loaded the pictures on the computer, and oh boy has a lot happened. I'm so behind, so this may be kind of all over the place.

First of all we have the carrot fiasco. Josh was at cubscouts, so dinner and bathtime was a solo gig that night. No biggie, right? WRONG!! Joey decided blowing in her carrots was much more fun than swallowing, I think I may have even got some in my hair, but I digress. Josh came home before I had finished cleaning everything up (she went straight into the tub, then a bottle and bedtime) and all he could say was, "What happened?!" Here it is. You can tell from her happy faces how proud of herself she is.

Then there was Grandma Maxwell's 85th Birthday party. I think we had alot of fun, and she even enjoyed herself even though she apparently didn't want a big birthday party, lol.


The next major thing was a trip to Arizona. Josh's grandma died last week, so we made a trip down for the funeral. The services were really nice, the weather a little too warm for my taste-although I did get to see a lightning storm as we were driving into Phoenix that first night, which is apparently a rare thing, about 15 minutes after we got settled in our hotel room it started pouring ending up with an inch of rain overnight. I was able to meet some of Josh's extended family and hear some fun stories from his two hilarious rough-looking-but-really-marshmallow-uncles and their "politically incorrect" childhood. We really had a great time, and managed to have the big "uh-oh" of the trip simply replacing a tire. After a long car ride with an 8 month old I think that's pretty lucky. Most importantly, Joey was there to keep everyone's spirits up. Who can't laugh at a child playfully screaming at their top of their lungs regardless of where you are (Viewing)? There Joey also got to play with her 3-year-old 2nd cousin Maddie who just loved Joey and was the cutest little girl who should be the covergirl for the phrase "Out of the mouths of babes." She was hilarious. And I somehow managed to pry Joey away from "Grandy" and bring her back home with me. We definatley look forward to the next get-together.

I think I managed to get all the important stuff. Stay tuned for more frequent blogs, a week from Saturday is my last day working, Yay!! Then I get to stay home with my princess and pack for our move at the end of October.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the carrot pics!

Don't know how we'd have made it through without the tiny princess last week!

love you bunches and bunches,
Granny