One thing Josh and I have never questioned in our married life is whether or not to pay our tithing, and we've been blessed by it many times. We're not wealthy by any means, and there have been many ocassions where we wonder where all the money is going to come from to cover everything and it just miraculously (haha) happens. It happened again recently.
Last week I was crunching numbers trying to figure out where the money for books and tuition was going to come from. It looked like if we emptied one savings account and maybe took a little from another we'd make it. Break #1, when we went to buy books Saturday it turns out one of his classes doesn't have a book (as near as we can tell, we'll find out for sure next week when he goes to class). Then as I was running errands Monday night as I went to start the car, well, it didn't. Josh was meeting me from the bus since he was running late from the messy commute, and thought the starter had gone out. So we managed to get someone to pick us up, then Dad and I went to look at it on Tuesday, turns out the battery just died. A quick jump and we were fine again. Break #2, not having to pay for car repairs. Break #3 was we ended up not having any bills this paycheck, so alot of tuition was pulled from there, and somehow we still have a bit of money in the savings account we thought we'd be draining.
I'm grateful that by having the faith to pay our tithing when its not always necessarily easy, we are blessed to have that which is necessary to live within our means.
No comments:
Post a Comment