Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tick Tock

The clock is ticking! Today I had what will very likely be my last ultrasound. Baby A is head down and quite far down, I think Dr. Draper said the chances of him turning again are like less than 3%. Woohoo! I like those odds. Baby A is measuring approx. 4 lbs 4 oz, and Baby B is measuring approx. 4 lbs 14 oz. So I've got a good 9 lbs of baby in me. I'm dilated to a good 1, not quite a 2. Dr. Hansen asked about my contractions and activity. I told him the amount of contractions has increased with me still sitting around all day, so I've started laying down too to try to keep them under control, which has in turn made my heartburn WAY worse than it was before. I guess that's restful enough for him, because he didn't put me on bedrest, he just wrote me a Rx to take every 8 hours if I'm having contractions, and while he was writing Josh asked if there was anything I could be taking besides Tums for my heartburn. I REFUSE to take Tums, I just deal with the heartburn because I hate chewable meds that get stuck in your teeth. YUCK! So while he had his pad handy he also wrote me a Rx for Zantac. He also said being almost 33 weeks we have a good 2 week window where we want to avoid delivery. So I have a confirmed goal from my doctor - 35 weeks. Obviously the longer the better, but wow, that's soon! To be honest it made me happy to hear that would be an ok time, the last week or so has been quite hard on me physically and in turn starting to take its toll emotionally/mentally as well. Hopefully these meds will help control some of those ailments so I won't have to feel guilty about making choices of what's best for babies and my comfort.

I was going to post a pic of me at 32 weeks, but after taking all the time to get the pictures loaded from the camera to the external harddrive where we keep our pictures and quickly exiting it doesn't want to let me back in. So just imagine me, with a very round belly sticking straight out in front of me. :)

6 comments:

Morgans said...

Wow, that's a lot of baby in there! That's amazing that you've been able to go this whole time without "official" bedrest! I'm so excited to meet these little guys!

Annie said...

I'm glad you got a prescription. Kristina took it while she hwas pregnant with her last and it really helped with contractions. Maybe now you can have some of that lasagna!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I hope babies come in 2 weeks so I can see them a bit before I have to move! (: If you ever need anything, just let me know and I'll be right over! (:
Love, Kaela

Amber said...

Mandy! I am so excited for you! Almost there! I wish I was going to be there to meet them. But when I come to visit, they will be old enough for visitors! Let me know if there is anything I can make/buy and send you!

CailĂ­n said...

No, post the picture of your belly. We all need to see it. My girls were born at 36 weeks 5 days. They were 5lb 14 oz and 6 lbs. I hope you can make it as far as possible.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like those little guys are doing well! Keep up the good work. It will be so fun to meet my new grandsons! You are almost there! Hopefully the meds will make you a little more comfortable. I guess I better get that robe washed for you to use!

Love,
Mom