Here's the construction in all its glory! These are mostly pictures Josh took with his iPhone and sent to me so I knew what the heck was going on and could see the progress since I took the kids out of town for a large part of the job to keep them out of the way. I was here when the cabinets were installed, though. :)
Hardwood being ripped up. Underneath the concrete it sat on was some white linoleum.
Under the white linoleum which was attached to a layer of subfloor there was another layer of beautiful linoleum. I can't believe anyone covered it up!
Mold in the sink and where the floor was sinking.
The lovely living room. Haha
Linoleum. Isn't it pretty?! Straight from the 70s, when the house was built.
If you look closely (click the pictures to make them bigger) you can see the washer, dryer and other laundry room stuff down below.
Hardi backer. Hopefully we don't have any more floor issues!
Starting the tile!
Tiled kitchen. Yay!
First wall of cabinets are in!
A little further...
Once they were all in the countertop guy called and said he was on his way to come measure. Since we had such great notice and he was cracking weird jokes the moment he got here I wasn't a huge fan. But he did say he'd try to get us done fast because we had no sink (or counter) and young kids. 7-10 business days, closer to 7, he told me. 2 weeks. Because of his short notice when he came to measure we weren't sure how much notice we'd have when he was going to come install.
1 comment:
WOW! You kitchen looks INCREDIBLE!!! I love the cabinets and everything, it looks like a whole new kitchen (I guess it pretty much IS a whole new kitchen)! Love the new windows too, do you just feel like you have a brand new house? Great investment, it really turned out awesome!
Post a Comment