Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6 months and all is well!

Tomorrow I'll be six months along. Wow! Considering I'll probably be in the 8-8 1/2 months range when I deliver means we're getting closer!

I had an appointment this morning, and babies are growing well. They're estimated to weigh 2 lbs 5 oz and 2 lbs 4 oz. My favorite part of the whole appointment was when Dr. Hansen was measuring my belly and started laughing to himself and said I get so big so fast! Great, I'm already starting to get serious hip pains at night. And I feel plenty big. Its time people stop telling me I don't look big enough to be having twins.

Last week I had my glucose test. I was really nervous about it because I've been consistently showing sugar in my urine and I've read that you have a greater chance of developing it with multiples. Luckily Monday night they called and said I passed "beautifully." Call me crazy, but having gestational diabetes was a big fear for me. I've been craving sweets, nothing specific usually, just sugar. But as part of the diet you have to limit carbs as well, and we eat lots of carbs around here! It would have been a big adjustment, and one I wasn't ready to make.

The worst news is I've been having contractions for about a week. Nothing big, but they are there none the less. Dr. Hansen wasn't thrilled to hear this, but I told him I take it pretty easy. So he didn't put me on bedrest yet, but if I have more than one in an hour I'm supposed to call and go see him.

3 comments:

Robin said...

So glad everything is so far, so good! And I've just got to say, you look really great, too. Not everyone looks so lovely at six months along!

Annie said...

I definately don't look so lovely at six months along and I don't have TWINS!! You're awesome friend. And hey my Dr is Hansen too. Must be a good sign. My doc is amazing and it sounds like yours is too.

balloongal said...

Good luck. I'm glad you're taking it pretty easy so far. Hopefully no bed rest for a while.