Monday, November 12, 2012

Eight is Great!

Cory's birthday is only 5 days after mine, and this year it was extra special. It was also the day he got to baptize his oldest son, Trace! There had been some storms the day before, so we got some more awesome cloud/mountain shots on the way up. Complete with fall colors. I just love this time of year!

Echo Reservoir was to pathetically empty we were kinda freaking out!

The dam. On the other side was some construction equipment/vehicles, so they must have emptied it to do some work, but it was nuts!

Back to Trace: He is one of the coolest, most mature eight-year-olds I've ever seen, and I'm not just bragging because he's my nephew. Almost immediately when his confirmation began the Sprit was overwhelming. Afterwards his bishop got up and talked for a few minutes, and mentioned the cool thing about getting to stand in those circles is he can feel what they were feeling. I hope Trace was influenced as much as I was. This kid is going places! Doesn't hurt that he's got some pretty amazing parents...
Picture time! I had to get one with him, too. He tolerated it well, even if I am just the crazy aunt! :) I babysat him part-time in the mornings for several months after he was born. I still can't believe that was 8 years ago! Love ya buddy! Thanks for letting us share your special day with you!

1 comment:

Annie said...

You're so much cooler then I am in the blog department. Thanks for this one! It was a goo day wasn't it!