I did it! I really did it! I finally fed that kid enough! After an especially large dinner of string cheese, 2 cookies, and fettucini alfredo (in that order), we decided to weigh her again. 20.4!!! Must be a fluke, do it again. 20.4!!! That's over 20 lbs, good enough for us, we FINALLY got to turn her car seat forward facing. Mind you she's almost 17 months old, and most parents wait until their childs 1st birthday because they are already over 20 lbs, but not our little munchkin. Our goal was to turn her around before we head off to Vegas for a long weekend next week, and we pulled it off. We ran a couple errands close to home and she was all smiles. She loves it. Here's hoping our road trip is that much easier because of it.
As a side note, for those of you that are curious I am still recovering quite nicely from my surgery last Friday. I get ocassional pain if I smile too much, but I've gone off the pain meds they gave me and onto ibuprofen. The antibiotics are the death of me because they smell horrible and taste worse, but besides still being a little run down my biggest complaint is my stitches getting in the way. I was told they should dissolve day 3-5, and this is the end of day 4, so I hope they go away soon.
4 comments:
So...can I call her chunky monkey? J/K. The funny thing about her taking so long to get over 20 lbs is that she looks very close to the same size as Tattoo now and he was 20 lbs at about 11 months. Weird. Glad you're starting to feel human again though! :)
I know! I guess he's solid and she's fluff or something!
forward-facing is so wonderful! congrats to joey packing those pounds on!
Wahoo! Forward facing is the best. What a tiny little peanut! She takes after her mom, I guess. :)
Have fun in Vegas, and keep getting better!
Post a Comment