Friday we walked the strip (further than intended) down to M&Ms World and got us all some fun souveniers. Unfortunately I was wearing new flip flops, so they rubbed a bit of my skin off the top of my foot, and shoes were not my friend after that.
When we got back Joey made it obvious she didn't want a nap, so we took her over to the pool at our hotel, and she LOVED it. We'll have to get her in swim lessons next year or the year after because the only reason she didn't put up a fight when we got out it she was shivering so bad.
That evening we had a bbq at Josh's uncle's home, and got to know his extended family a bit better. We don't see them often because we're spread out so much. Joey and her cousin Parker were nuts about each other. Afterwards Josh went and rode the rides on the Stratosphere with his brothers while Joey and I went back to the hotel with Josh's parents for bedtime. They had a blast, and I'm glad Josh got to have a guy's night out. They also did some shopping at Caesar's Palace and saw the gardens and fountains at the Bellagio.
Saturday was the wedding. After the ceremony and pictures at the Las Vegas temple we had a yummy luncheon. Supposedly the best steak in town, I wouldn't know, I had the chicken. :) It was excellent, though, and I don't think I've ever had such wonderful cheesecake. I was in heaven. So fluffy, not too rich, berries on the side, perfect size (almost too big, but with cheesecake like that, you don't waste a crumb). Is anyone else's mouth watering?
Joey and Parker getting a kick out of each other. Notice the blue bandaid sticking out of my shoe. It protected my foot enough to tolerate shoes for a few minutes at a time.
Joey and Parker in all their cutenessSaturday night at the reception Josh taught his younger cousins how to make paperboats and there was a whole Spanish fleet in the pool (it was in his uncle's backyard again).
After the reception we went back to the hotel for a quick change then we, along with Josh's parents, went to see the fountains at the Bellagio. The song we saw them set to was "Luck be a Lady". It was really cool to watch. Josh great some great pictures. In bulk, thanks to the sports mode on his fancy camera. Here are just a few.



No comments:
Post a Comment