Last night not too long after we had put Joey to bed we heard her crying, and it quickly became increasingly urgent. This is very unusual for her, usually if she's gonna cry, its only for a couple minutes, and starts as we're leaving or just after we leave her room. Josh went to check on her and she hadn't calmed down, so I headed in there too, and he was able to calm her down just enough so we could ask her what was wrong. All we could get out of her was "Owie," but she never showed us where and didn't seem to be stuck anywhere in her bed. So we told her goodnight again and she was ok with us leaving. I expected it to start again after we closed her door, but it never did. This morning after we'd gotten up she turned her back to me and this is what I saw.


She's recently started twirling her hair alot, I should have expected something like this to happen. There was also a knot at the bottom (where the ends are twisting off in funky directions), but that was pretty easy to get out. I was silently freaking out! Her hair has gotten so long and I didn't want to have to cut a chunk right out of the back of her head! I calmly got us ready for the day, then got out the comb, spray bottle, and some hair "pretties" and told her I was going to put them in her hair. I don't think she had a clue what was going on, which was what I was hoping for. Once started it was fairly easy to untwist, but it kept trying to re-twist on itself, so I had to spray it down and comb it out a few times. The only hair lost was a small chunk that fell out in my hand as I was un-twisting. Phew! Needless to say I don't want to go through that again anytime soon!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. That is quite the adventure.
No wonder she was unhappy. It sounds like you handled it well when it was time to comb it out.
Post a Comment