Friday, February 4, 2011

My Big Boys

I cannot believe the twins are 6 months old! That's flown by so fast, and before you know it I'll be planning their 1st birthday!

This Tuesday we met with the Early Intervention people, and neither of the boys qualify for the program. That's a good thing: they both are where they need to be, the only thing that was sort of lagging was their fine motor skills. Time to start picking up those toys, boys!

Today we went to visit the doctor and it went pretty well. They both look great and we get to start solid food! She told me to start them on veggies rather than fruit, though. I guess its a new thing to try and see if that will help kids to eat their veggies better or something. So we'll still start sweet with Sweet Potatoes. I think those were Joey's favorite anyways. :)

Tristan was the "problem child" this time, but nothing big. I'm the one that brought up both issues. He is getting a flat spot on his head, so he gets to join Nick at Physical Therapy, and we just have to put a little ointment in his eye, blocked tear duct, just like Joey.


Tristan is:
Height: 24 1/4" >5%
Weight: 12 lbs 7 oz >5%
Head: 43 cm 28%


Nickolas is:
Height: 24 3/4" 5%
Weight: 12 lbs 15 oz >5%
Head: 43 3/4 cm 50%

So we're slowly getting there. They are in 3-6 mo clothes right now, and looks like they can wear either 3 or 6 mos in Carters. They're catching up!

Then came the shots. Tristan was a champ and just barely fussed for a couple of seconds. Nick, however was mad after the first one and took quite a bit of consoling before I gave up and put him in his carseat. He settled down after that...but if looks could kill we'd no longer have a Granny! Lol

(Notice their clothes don't match like they usually do....Nick was all sorts of mean to Granny today, he was a mess when she pulled him out of the carseat.)

And here's Joey at 6 mos

4 comments:

Linsie said...

They are getting so big it's crazy! So good to year they are doing so well.

Robin said...

That was an exciting trip! lol! Glad to see Nick smiling again. Poor sweetie!

And I just gotta say, the reason that your boys are doing so great is because they have an awesome momma. You're doing such a great job with all your children!

theballoonguy said...

Kristin said:
When starting solids, after rice cereal, I started both my oldest on veggies before trying fruit. And they're both picky eaters. So I don't think it makes a difference when they're that young. My two cents.

katelinklug said...

Wow 6 months already. That does seem to have gone fast! They're adorable. I'm glad they're doing great.