Friday, February 25, 2011

Potty Training Time-Out

The last few weeks have been .... stressful. To say the least. All day I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off, and Joey becomes more and more resistant every time I ask her to sit on the potty. Lately its been a full out tantrum. Every 30 minutes. That makes for quite a long day.
We had a few successes this week, because I had her parked on the potty ALL DAY in front of the tv. I honestly don't believe she is recognizing the potty sensation until after its happened. After a full day of wondering to myself yesterday whether I wanted to give up or she's just not ready, and Josh came home and suggested the same thing to me, we've decided to take a break. She was still wearing diapers for trips out of the house and sleeping, so its not like we were really saving any money on diapers.
I'm hoping she'll come to me soon, tell me she has to go, and do it. But until then, I'm going to enjoy my daughter rather than being frustrated with her and the frustrations I was bringing out of her. I'm sure we will all be alot happier, and right now that's more important to me than those adorable big girl panties.

3 comments:

Morgans said...

You've got the right idea here. Just relax and let things happen as they may. PJ was almost 3 1/2 when she was trained and she's never had an accident. If you wait until they're ready it goes soooo much smoother and prevents later setbacks, I think anyway. She'll catch on eventually!

balloongal said...

Yes. When she's ready. I'm going through it the second time right now and Jr.'s older than Joey. Take the needed breaks. Don't go on anyone's schedule but what works for your family. It'll get there when it gets there. You're doing a good job.

bunchocoffeys said...

Thanks ladies! So many people kept telling me not to give up, so I felt like I was letting so many people down! Myself and Joey especially.