Sunday, June 12, 2011

10 Months

This post is a little delayed because the last week I've been occupied reading the Hunger Games series. :)


I can't believe these two are 10 months! My first thoughts were I only have two months to plan a kickin' party for their first birthday! But then I realized...We only have two months left of buying formula!!! I'm all for that!

They are getting so big! The other day I was putting one of them in the high chair to feed them solids and I just kinda sat back and realized, they look like 10 month old kids. They aren't my tiny babies anymore. Side note: A friend of mine just had her twin girls at only 30 weeks, these guys were almost 34. They are so tiny, and as I've watched pictures from the proud grandma pop up on facebook its reminded me of their days in the NICU, and just how far they've really come. I'm so grateful for modern medicine, I'm certain 100 years ago, and probably not even 50 they wouldn't have survived. Like I said, this birthday party has got to be a big deal!

But I digress. This past month as they've developed new "tricks" they are becoming more and more different. Nick loves to shake his head no with a big grin on his face. He also claps, but that's evolved to kinda crossing his arms and smacking his gut like a drum. Still seriously cute.
Nickolas

Tristan on the other hand thinks clapping is absolutely ridiculous, but loves to bob up and down. Josh thinks he looks like a pigeon when he does this and is trying to make that his nickname, but I'm not really a fan. ;) We could call them Yea and Nay, haha!

Tristan
 
They both have their two bottom teeth and are working on a cutting ALL their top teeth at once! The incisors have come through first, and now they're filling in all the rest. All sorts of little white bumps going on up there! They are army crawling and pushing along with their feet all over the place. I'm keeping busy trying to keep them out of trouble. They especially love the kitchen. Joey likes to try to help by keeping all the bedroom and bathroom doors closed at all times, lol.

Joey at 10 months at cousin Tattoo's 1st birthday party.

No comments: