Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pioneer Day = Play Day

Monday Josh ran in the Deseret News 10k. I didn't want to haul all 3 kids around by myself, and I felt bad making someone drive themselves downtown and try to find me after dropping Josh off up at the U, so since it was early I decided to leave the twins home with Jess and just Joey and I went to cheer on Daddy. We were confused about the race start time, so by the time we got him up there we could see people running. Ahhh! So he jumped out of the car and took off. Joey and I headed back down to Salt Lake to find parking. We got pretty lucky just a little over a block away from Liberty Park (where the race was ending). We found a playground that she had total control over. (Most of the time, eventually a couple teenage boys came along and scared her for a minute hanging around the slide she had been going down, and dropping a few "F bombs" within ear shot. The next one they were going to get an earful from me. Luckily about that time it was time to head up towards the North end of the park to watch for Josh.) As we were headed up I decided to start keeping an eye out for Josh. A flash of the sun reflecting off someones sunglasses caught my eye...sure enough it was Josh! So even though we weren't right up along the street, I got to see him booking it there at the end. His official time was 50:33.9. That's an average of just over 8 minutes per mile. Go Josh! Next up is an 1/2 marathon on Sept. 3.
Joey and Josh after the race

After we went home and got Josh showered and we fed the boys lunch we went to lunch at Arctic Circle, then did some shopping. The twins enjoyed eating both regular and Sweet Potato fries, and Joey was just in heaven.

All my little goofs. Tristan kept hiding behind Joey's cup, and Nick kept looking at her.

Joey enjoying her courtesy cone. (Sorry some of my pics are out of focus lately...my point and shoot has an incredibly slow shutter speed, and with kids this little you gotta be quick!)

Then we shopped a bit for some new sippy cups to try on the boys, (They are a no go, just like all the ones before them. Sigh.) and some things I'll need for the boys' birthday party coming up. Then we just chilled at home in the evening. What a fun, family filled day!

1 comment:

balloongal said...

Hurray for being able to support your hubby.