Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Christmas in August: Its what FUN is!

After the twins finished opening their birthday presents we finished packing up and headed out to celebrate Christmas. Yes, you read that right. For our gift this year Josh's parents took us all to Lagoon. It was so much fun! Josh and I hadn't ever been together, we've never had the money for it. We ended up hanging in kiddie land most of the day, but it was all good, because Joey was having a blast!

First she and Josh rode some Chinese Dragon roller coaster, thing.

Next, she rode this little car. I didn't realize she only got to go around once. :(
Here is Joey exiting the ride.
Then Joey and I rode Puff.
Then Joey rode the airplanes.
We found her Morgan cousins, so she rode the helicopters with Kaiden and Tattoo.

Kaiden and Tattoo's helicopter.
You can barely see Tattoo's head poking out.

Joey's helicopter.
 Next were the boats.
Joey in her pink boat anxiously waiting for it to start.

My little princess cruising in style.

Yeah, hi Mom, whatever. I'm busy driving a boat here!
Then we fed the boys their lunch and wandered out of kiddie land. We found part of the group at the kid bumper cars just as some of the cousins were finishing up. Keyana took Joey on again. Joey spun in circles the whole time, but was having a blast. Although the first time someone bumped into her she seemed pretty shocked! Lol
We then found a treat for lunch, then Sam & Jess took Joey and Tattoo on the Dinosaur Drop. (The little kid version of The Rocket) They loved it!
Sam, Mom, and Josh went and rode Wicked while Jess, Carin, and I took the little kids on the Merry Go Round. Of course I picked a goofy chicken for Nick that didn't go up and down. :p
While we were waiting for Mom and the guys to get back the twins fell asleep in the stroller. After they got back we all headed down to Rattle Snake Rapids. Granny and Papa stayed with the twins while the rest of us went on. Go figure...we had 10 people riding and it was a max of 9, they wouldn't even let us fudge it with little Joey and Tattoo. :p So we sent Joey with the Morgans, and Josh & I went with Sam & Jess right behind them. We. Got. SOAKED. Poor Joey was shivering a bit and creating a little puddle as we stood deciding what to do next.
Granny and Papa were nice enough to watch our kids while Josh & I went to ride The Rocket with Sam & Jess. I don't know why I do this to myself! I hate that ride! And I always get talked into riding it! This was the worst ever, I'm sure of it. I even threatened Josh with having the sleep on the couch that night. We wanted to ride Jet Star 2 with them, also, but it was getting close to time to meet for dinner, so we figured we should hunt down our kids.
Joey riding the car again.
We found out Joey had been hitting up just about everything in kiddie land. That kid got around! We took the kids to our previously designated picnic spot, then Josh & I went to find our food.
After dinner Carin volunteered to hang with the boys while a bunch of us went on the log ride. That line was long! We didn't get very wet, either. Of course, we had Kaiden and Nathan shielding us. I didn't think it would be a good idea to put poor little Joey in the very front!
We let Joey ride Puff again. (She seriously rode it 4 or 5 times throughout the day.) This time Joey and Tattoo rode together! We weren't sure they would let them, but they did. The little ones are so grown up!

Papa is in the blue shirt, riding with Keyana.
Tattoo is in the black shirt behind him, and Joey is sitting next to Tattoo.
Now that it was about bedtime and twins were starting to show it, we went and grabbed some fudge for Josh, and as I was waiting for him I saw Snickerdoodles, which I've been craving lately, so we grabbed a few of those for me, and we headed for home. That Snickerdoodle was so soft and so tasty!

It was alot of fun! The twins handled it alot better than I was fearing. It would have been fun to ride a few more big kid rides, but there's always next time! I'm glad Joey enjoyed herself, and was loving the thrill rather than crying on everything as I had also feared. :)

THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT CHRISTMAS GRANNY AND PAPA!!!

2 comments:

Missy said...

So fun! Riley has been begging us to go to Lagoon ever since we've been in Utah.

Cute pics!

Robin said...

That was so much fun ... and the easiest Christmas 'shopping' that I've ever done! lol.