Yesterday we purchased our new kitchen cabinets! I'm so excited, I want to start ripping the floor up right now!
When we made the decision to replace the soggy floor in the kitchen, we quickly learned the cabinets and countertops may not survive being moved like that. Not only does the current flooring go underneath the cabinets, we also need to replace subfloor. We believe the problems originated with a leak under the sink. It was soft when we bought the house, and we feel it's spreading, so decided to fix it before someone goes through the floor. (The major soft spot is right in front of the stove and sink, which are across from each other.) One of the great things about such a large project means you can make adjustments. Or new layouts, which is what we're going with. :)
I discovered this week Lowe's had their stock cabinets on sale. Since I'd already picked them out there and we figured out how much we'd be saving, we decided to go ahead and purchase them now.
They're natural hickory, and one of hickory's charms is the variation in light and dark wood, knots and patterns, making it unique. I know because a pamphlet told me so. Haha! I wasn't entirely sure what my cabinets would look like because of this. Awesome.
Here's the stack of cabinets waiting for us to figure out what we're doing when we've got stuff ripped up, buying the tile and subfloor (and anything else necessary for the project), and of course picking a date to get started. Not quite sure how I'm gonna keep my stinkers out of stuff and live without a kitchen for a week or so. :s
Here's my drawers. Love them.
A wall cabinet. See what I mean about variation?



1 comment:
you have good taste, I bought the same cabinets from Lowes and I love them. Aunt Rosanne
Post a Comment