Today I had an ultrasound and had confirmed what we thought we saw last time. We are having a pair of boys! The poll was pretty close, but the boys did come out slightly ahead. Good job!
We actually met with a specialist, and most everything looks good. His biggest concern is they are sharing a placenta (identical), and the risk there is the blood vessels could cross each other and one baby could start giving the other their blood basically. There is a laser surgery to fix it if that does happen, and he wants me to keep having ultrasounds every 2 weeks so if it does happen we catch it early on. He also told me if I don't go into labor (with twins its a higher risk of pre-term labor), I will most likely be induced by 38 weeks at the latest. I'm almost 18, so that means I'm almost halfway! Wow!
4 comments:
CONGRATS! Now the girls will need to get used to being outnumbered. :)
How exciting! Boys are so much fun!
Wow is right. And so exciting. 2 little boys to play with their big sister. Woo hoo.
Congrats!!! I had no idea you were even pregnant....apparently those of us who live in the south don't need to be updated. That's awesome! Being a twin is great, but are you ever in for it!
teri
Post a Comment