Since today is mt 25th birthday, I thought I would share 25 things I've accomplished. Some I'm more proud of than others, but this is my life nonetheless (in no particular order):
1-Arrived in this world in a hurry after being 16 days past my due date
2-Married and sealed to the love of my life 4 ½ years ago in the salt Lake Temple
3-Drove my mom’s (purple) car through the garage door when I had my learner’s permit. Funny story, I was pulling into the driveway, and couldn’t decide if I should just coast up to the garage or gas it a little, so my foot kept going back and forth between the gas and break. I finally decided on coast, so when I got up to where I needed to stop so my dad could get out and open the garage my foot was hovering over the wrong pedal and I hit the gas instead of the break, thus sending me into the garage. The garage door folded up on top of the car, so my dad and neighbor held it up while my mom backed out from underneath it.
4-Accompanied my middle school choir class
5-High school choir geek, leading me to...
6-Lettered in music, and…
7-Became a Gleek-addicted to the tv show Glee
8-Cried when my brother told me I stink. In my defense I was a hormonal teenager who was already having a bad day, and that was just too much.
9-Got stitches in my head for trusting Cory (same brother) that I could jump across the room from bed to bed, and missed and hit my head on the corner of the drawer under the bed I was jumping to.
10-Got stitches in my head for running into the banister at the foot of the stairs
11-Went on my first plane ride at age 22 Side note: Joey was on the same flight at age 6 mos
12-Developed a love for beautiful Oregon early in life thanks to visiting family there once almost every year. Ooh, a vacation to Oregon sounds nice. Sigh.
13-Cried during my first and only snipe hunt because I saw my cousin’s boyfriend in the bushes making the snipe noises and thought he was some creep watching us
14-I’m on my 5th vehicle, 6th if you count the car Josh had for a little while when we were first married
15-Carried and gave birth (not by c-section!) to twins
16-Bought a house
17-Through at the time seemingly unfortunate circumstances, given the opportunity of being a stay at home mom to the 3 most beautiful kids
18-Taught myself how to lead music from the back of the hymn book
19-Insisted on wearing skirts or dresses in the dead of winter as a child
20-Used my grandma’s tuna-can-turned-cookie-cutters as bracelets
21-Taught myself to crochet from reading tutorials on the internet
22-Graduated high school
23-Named 2 of my 3 children after movie characters. Sorry Nick, you were a tough one.
24-Cut myself on the same hand three times in one summer, the final time being with a butter knife. Yeah, I’m that good.
25-Became a fan of blogging. It’s a great way to share pictures and stories of my kids, thoughts, new toys, etc.
9 comments:
Sounds like a very fulfilled life! Happy Birthday dear!
You've accomplished a lot! I had no idea about some of those things. We need more story telling time! Happy Birthday!
hahahaha I love that you included the garage, you stink, stitches...all that fun stuff :) Though, I did not know number 13! That's hilarious!
Love, Kaela
I knew about number 13. Dad got mad at me just for being there. Glad I made your top 25 twice, though. Even if it was for maiming and emotionally scarring you. Happy birthday.
-Cory
Wow! 25 already! Times flies. Your kids are so cute, and twins, how fun!
Congrats and good luck with all the craziness.
That is great Mandy! I've never really thought about what I've done, I should.
Now I'm just curious, what characters were your kids named after?
Katelin-Joey is short for Jocelyn, the love interest in Knight's Tale, and Tristan is the character that finds the star in Stardust.
Aaah a trip down memory lane. You have accomplished alot already.
We will have to work on that trip to Oregon. Hmmm...arent all of the cousins on My Big Fat Greek Wedding named Nick? Now I have to watch it again:)
Love,
Mom
Mom, you're right, and I think I remember thinking that one day. I have no brain these days, so the thought left as quick as it came. :) I think I may go watch that now...
Post a Comment