Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Whoopsie Wednesday

I love this kid to bits, but man she really knows how to push my buttons these days. Here are a few cliche phrases I thought I'd never say to my kids that I find myself saying all the time. Its weird, alot of the time I hear the words coming out of my mouth almost like an out-of-body experience, and I just think I sound so ridiculous!

"Please stop whining."
"If you want to cry, go to your room. I don't want to hear it." (This brings the out-of-body feeling the strongest)
"I can't right now, I'm busy. You're going to have to wait."
"Please stop asking, you sound like a broken record." (I FEEL like a broken record.)
"Its not time yet."
"You can do it." (Or some variation of this, often when she asks me to pick up something of hers, to which she responds, "No, you do it!")
"Why should I give you ________ (insert something snackish or sugary here)? You didn't eat your dinner (or lunch, or breakfast, or other snack she asked for 5 mins ago...)."
"Do you hear babies crying?"
"Do you want a time out?"
"Look at me when I'm talking to you." (She rolls her eyes at me already! I thought she'd be like 10 before that happened!)
"Do you want a nigh-night?"
"If you can't stop crying you need to go back to bed."

Wow, do I sound crabby or what? Looks like I have some work to do.

1 comment:

balloongal said...

I am constantly saying things that make me think, "Now I know why my mom said this exact thing to me when I was little," or "I am turning into my mother."